Saturday, January 20, 2007

WOW!!

Today was amazing. The day was much warmer today - about 32F, which felt positively toasty. We started out the day at the Farmer's Market - a warren of bits and pieces which used to be an old brewery. They had local produce and goods- we got apple cider and maple syrup but I saw this fabulous hand dyed felted wool clothing that I totally fell in love with. There is also a person who handmakes shoes - you get them in about 2 weeks- I want some red ones. One man and woman were making lovely purses and wallets out of, get this, duct tape! There were people busking all the way through and it very much had the flavour of a medieval fair. Here's their website and you can even take a visual tour online.
We went out of town, guided by Jon and Judi, to see Peggy's Cove. I had heard of this place when I lived in Kingston, but WOW!! First we stopped at the Memorial to the crash of Swiss Air 111 - despite it being 32 degrees the wind was so intense it felt like -minus 300 degrees (I'm not kidding).
Here's everyone bundled up on the way to the Memorial, the waves (big one at least 30 ft high), the dogs (Rory, the Sheltie and Opie) at the Memorial:

I took tons of pictures of Peggy's Cove and have only put a few on here. Everywhere you look there is a fantastic scene - all pure postcard material. I am in the process of uploading all the best pictures to snapfish and will send an invite to all.

No comments: