Saturday, January 27, 2007

It's 20 below, let's wear swim suits!


Today we explored the swimming pool at Dalplex, and the swimming costumes in our house. The set up is a bit odd at the pool - the changing rooms are way away from the pool - but we had a very nice time. The water is cooler than the warm pool at Central-Clemson but warmer than the cooler pool. I thought (hoped) they'd crash after the swim but they wanted to go to the fun zone. We were there about 45 minutes and then off to the mall. Quite a lot to pack into one morning.

The kids had fun trying on our swimsuits too ...








In the afternoon I escaped for a bit to explore by myself. I visited the Loomis Art Store, the Mountain Gear Co-op and then got to do the grocery shopping - pure heaven. I drove around the Halifax Citadel (here are some images) - a huge fortification above the harbor. I'd like to tour it but of course- it's shut for the winter. I had no idea Halifax was of such strategic importance . Halifax was also the site of the largest man-made explosion of the first half of the 20C, in 1917.

While I was out Neil took the kids out in our new wagon- I've wanted one for a while but I think her it will be most useful here. How we'll get it back, I'm not sure. The kids have spent 2 days treating it like a boat. Here are a couple of my favorite lines (Chloe, of course) "Let's go to the North Pole, go east" and "Lets get married and then be mummy and daddy".

No comments: