Friday, January 05, 2007

Southern spaces going North

We have arrived in Halifax, Nova Scotia. We have explored thoroughly our basement apartment. It is very nice - spacious without being overwhelming. The kids are watching the Sound of Music (Eliza's influence) and we are snatching a few minutes to say hello to everyone and get you updated!!
The best news about the apartment is that we have a washer- drier - a very nice one in fact. I am sitting in the dining room/kitchen. We have all the modern conveniences of home, except that we need to go buy a coffee maker. I am determined my house will smell of coffee!!
Jon and Judy, our landpersons and upstairs neighbors, have been wonderful to us. We got here yesterday at about 5pm and were taken on a tour of the area by car and to a local restaurant called Eastside Marios. A very busy pasta and pizza place- unlimited salad and bread and nice noodles. The kids were very good- a bit stunned I think from the stimulation. The city is amazing and James' response to going over the large bridge was a breathless "oh wow!!" In fact, except from some very intense whining on the second day, the kids have really been troopers.

My New Years resolution to lose 20-30 lbs is in deep jeopardy. Although I did get up and walk briskly for an hour this morning we have done little but go from meal to meal. We had a late breakfast at Cora's and late lunch at Spartans. Cora's is another busy place, specializing in breakfasts- I got the fruit plate which was stunning. When we upload pictures and figure out the blogging I will post a picture of me and the monster plate of fruit. Spartan's was awesome a real hole in the wall but simple, wonderful food. They only take cash!!!!!

While we were there it started snowing so high on the agenda is snow boots for me and the kids.

No comments: