Poor Neil- he wanted snow and we are in the middle of Quebec's snowfall of the century: 55cm of soft fluffy snow!
When the snow was falling yesterday we took out the sleds but the snow was too fluffy to go too far. There is a beautiful wood behind the house and we walked about 75 yards in, James kept falling down- snowsuits are hard manoever especially when you have little legs. After that abortive trip the kids spent a good amount of time playing in the driveway with trucks as Wendy shovelled. Poor Stephen left work at about 4pm last night and didn't make it home til gone 8pm. Its a 15 minute drive... Sherbrooke is hilly.
This morning James was desperate to go out and visit Stephen who was digging out the driveway. It took us 20 minutes to get ready and we were outside a whole five minutes! The wind made it very unpleasant to be out. I walked to the end of the road and said "bonjour" to a few people. This area is totally francophone and I can't imagine having to live here and speak a new language. Puts my visit to Halifax in perspective- at least I can converse freely with everyone without worrying much about the words I use.
Yesterday we went through almost every toy and game in the house (and there are alot!) Now they are playing What's in Ned's Head- which involves putting your hand inside a cloth head and pulling out really gross things like vomit ... that was enough for me. Hence I'm taking refuge upstairs.
I'm off to O.P. Taylor's website - I feel the need to buy toys! The wonders of electronic retail therapy.
No comments:
Post a Comment