
Ok, so we're here in the frozen North because Neil wanted snow (I like snow, I really do - it's the bone-chilling cold I'm not fond of. (or, of which I am not fond. No dangles here). Here are some scenes from South Carolina this week, courtesy of Ullie ... Aron and his schneeman in our backgarden, Aron and Lili with Sojo and Stoic. Today we have had a dusting of lovely, soft snow but the South Carolina snow is quite impressive!!My rampage of self-indulgence has continued this weekend. The first week we visited the Saturday market I fell head-over-heels love with the felt-work clothing by a woman named Yeshe. Yesterday I went by and tried on things at her stall and she is making a tailor-made jacket for ME. It should be done by next weekend. I'll take pictures.
I did some quick exploring by myself. There is an Asian grocery by the University which has intrigued me - and I ducked in for a few minutes. It is totally packed with many, many, many things, most of which I don't know what to do with (I'm hoping I can ask about many things on the next visit). The lady who runs it was really nice and I am hoping we can get many supplies from her for this years' Chinese New Year celebration. I got two sets of chopsticks there (5 pairs in each set) for less than $10 each set.
We took the kids back to the maritime museum yesterday. There is an extensive exhbit on the Titanic - (as I said before)
here are the children sitting in a replica of a deckchair from the Titanic, in front of a photo of people walking on the deck of Titanic, and an explanation of the deckchair and photo.
Theodore the Tugboat is a book character based in Halifax- here he is in real life and model form.
Here's the sail boat gallery and a model steam boat in the Maritime Museum:
This is "the big wave"as Chloe calls it. Or "the big tongue" as some Halifaxians call it.
Really, this is not a posed shot...
And finally, my mitten in progress
No comments:
Post a Comment