Note to self! Indoor exercise is vastly preferable if it is minus 30!! outside. Flesh begins to tingle and freeze after 3 blocks ...
It's been a few days since I've blogged and a few good things have happened.
Monday was the best day we've had in ages. We didn't do much (I had big plans to take the ferry to Dartmouth and go to the big fancy library). It was snowing so we took Neil to school and went to Woozle's bookstore and then the Gingerbread Haus. At Woozles they have a train table set up and dolls house for the kids to play with. The kids played beautifully, and left when asked (and not like last time when I completely lost my temper and ended up yelling and screaming on the way out). At Woozle's I discovered playmobil people. I'd seen them before but not really investigated them much. I got James a man with tools and Chloe a lady with cats (2 cats, 2 kittens, three mice, fish bone, bowl, etc.) all for under $10!! They played solidly all afternoon with them ... it was lovely.
Then we went to the Gingerbread Haus for gingerbread people and a treat for me (a yummy cream horn). The kids really like their gingerbread people. It was a little off-putting to hear Chloe saying- "now you can't see, ha, ha,ha, now you can't smile, now you can't wave .... etc."
Yesterday was the Sunbeams. The program was almost exactly the same (the paint colors were different: yellow and blue instead of red and blue!). The kids seemed to like it and that kind of stability is probably exactly what they need right now.
I found a Salvation Army store (near the Atlantic Fabric Store) - I got two skirts, a pair of jeans for Chloe for FREE! and a pair of skates for me for $10. Score!!
At night I went to a knitting group they are a really interesting group. One of whom crochets people who have been beheaded .... really ...! Marie Antoinette etc. She makes them in period costume and so that their heads come off! I tried to find a picture of them on the web but haven't managed it yet but she has an interesting blog. There were only four people there but they all had blogs!! This is the main knitting blog for the group: Knitting out loud all their blogs are on the right hand side.
Got to take Neil to work ...
love to everyone .... WRITE ME A NOTE, Please ...
2 comments:
Hi it's Elizabeth I just got the ULR from Toni today and thought I would see what you had been up to. It sounds like you haven't been driven up the wall yet. The mittens you are knitting look good though having both knitted and crocheted I would rather have a crochet hook then a pair of knitting needles. Here is the ulr of a site with good craft ideas http://home.inreach.com/marthac/index.html. I'll keep posting comments.
Elizabeth
Headless dolls and blind gingerbread people. Well, sounds like you guys are making the most of the cold! You should be a writer.
I haven't seen your photos yet, but haven't explored past your very entertaining update. Will go around now.
Love and hugs from the warm 18 degree mountains!
Ann P.
Post a Comment