The roads have been ploughed and Wendy rented a van with snow tires ... we left the house. We were all getting a little stir-crazy. Driving around the snowy streets was quite hairy. Piles of snow line all the streets making them much narrower - where there were two lanes of traffic there are now one and a half, but still two columns of cars trying to negotiate them!
We went tobogganing in a local park. James fell asleep in the car and we were able to leave him there- which was great. He is not a fan of the cold. Chloe and Jamie on the other hand seem to do really well. They went down the slope about ten times and trudged up with glee! On the weekend there is going tobe a fete at the park and we had to leave because they needed our toboggan run to set up.
After that we went to an amazing toy-store/bookshop. All the books were in French so I didn't really bother with that side- thank goodness. The toy side was AMAZING!! I have never seen so many puzzles in one place and almost every kind of Playmobil figure and set. Craft supplies and a cornucopia of other delights. So many beautiful notebooks and journals ... just wonderful.
I let the kids chose a Playmobil each- aiming for a big ship or castle. James chose a mushroom with rabbit figures in "toadstool school" and Chloe chose the kitchen of a castle. Turns out James wanted the set just for the ladder and Chloe has only played with the little woman who came from the set. I spent 30 minutes setting up the kitchen - she hasn't touched it!! Ah kids, gotta love them.
At night Wendy and I got out by ourselves and revisted the Biblairie. There are lovely little shops everywhere: boulangeries, shoe shops, children's clothes shops etc. Everything very stylish and lovely.
Gotta to go.
No comments:
Post a Comment