Thursday, February 22, 2007

Photo journal

We are back in Halifax and have now had time to download photos - here's a taste of our lovely visit to Wendy, Steven and Jamie.
Here's a picture I couldn't resist - a very different look for Chloe- I am not good with hair clips and bobs, guess I'll have to learn.













This is what much of the journey looked like, stunningly beautiful. Lots of rolling hills and frozen rivers. I couldn't believe the width of some of the rivers (on the way back I got to see the St. Lawrence at Riviere du Loup - absolutely incredible with ice flows). I have learned since I wrote the first blogs about the journey that Hartland has the longest covered bridge in the world. The McCain's potato factory was very important to the lives of people in this region- to the extent of governing the school year for local children. My father-in-law grew up in this area of New Brunswick and Neil says he could tell me all about the locality ... Jim?

Here are the kiddie winks in the Fredericton McDonalds - check out the artistic M on Chloe's left ear. This was a very pleasant hour (except for the food) - which we were unable to recreate on the return journey. I tried hard to re-find this Mickie D's but it seemed to have disappeared.

More later ...

No comments: