Thursday, June 24, 2010

It's too darn hot ...

Apparently today is 18 degrees over average temperatures. - i'ts 96 and feels like 99, the average is 89 degrees. It's been a busy day - I had a program about insects it was hotter than blazes. The kids did well despite the heat - they were my guinea pigs for me to practice on. I designed a simple game based on some true and false statements about insects. If they thought the statement was correct they leaped forward like a grasshopper, if incorrect they stood still. If they made the incorrect choice they had to jump backwards. They only had to cover about 10 yards - they played it twice and wanted to do it again! A surprisingly simple hit. We then played Bug Bingo- by fundana, this was a little less enthusiastically received but worked pretty well, but was over very quickly! We played the first game in the shade and the second in the sun which made it less pleasant. We then took off into the woods to turn over rocks and logs.

The heat continued to climb and I was hoping for a thunderstorm tonight - but no luck. I loathe this time of year- I really need to drag the hose around the garden but I reiterate - it's too darn hot!!

No comments: