Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Having a son of whom I'm proud

Skiboo is 5 and he is becoming a real person. I was particularly impressed with him today- he hung out on the periphery of his sister and her good friend all day. Mostly being included, but not always, and there was alot of J do this and don't do that etc.. By 3.30 I had had enough of the bossing around and hubby and I tried to convince him to come to the grocery store with me. He is a beginning reader and delighted in sounding out all the store signs, including one that included the words empty and cylinder. At the Goodwill he picked a really garish spiderman shirt - for an 8 year old so he'll be able to wear it for ages and ages. At the Dollar Store he wanted a sort of silly putty ball and a sheet of capsules that you put in water to grow something like a stealth bomber, train or a limousine. In the 5 minutes we were back the girls had stripped him of the ball and divided out the 12 capsules between all three of them. He took it with great grace and seemed thrilled to share his new treasures- I would've ripped their heads off. It's been that kind of day for me.

No comments: