Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Tuesday nights

Tuesday night spaghetti night had become a welcome fixture in our week. Our close friends E & C made sauce and dropped enough pasta for however many people turned up, and there was fresh bread,and wine. We chatted, the kids played and a good time was had by all. Our the past few weeks the Gs have been warn down by a variety of tragic circumstances and have now finally suspended spaghetti night.
Last night was Tuesday and by a confluence of circumstances I took up the mini-torch. I rarely get to cook so this was an adventure. I roasted 2 chickens, dug potatoes from the garden, got the visiting girls to cut rosemary, chopped up and mixed together carrots, sweet potatoes and butternut squash. Everyone pitched in, it was wonderful. The S's were here, the vets, the G's, later J popped in and E came for a late night dinner.
Berries and creams for dessert - if this is the start of the summer, bring it on.

No comments: