Monday, May 03, 2010

Day 2

Sunday dawned misty and cool I got up before everyone else and read on the porch. I am thoroughly enjoying "Oak: The Frame of Civilization" by William Bryant Logan. While sitting in the peace and quiet (I have been stunned by how quiet the woods are here - in my backgarden at night the birds are really noisy!) I was thrilled to see a Pileated Woodpecker working the bases of the trees less than 20 feet away. No camera, of course but I was able to enjoy this moment for about 10 minutes.


Sunday breakfast Ben and Jerry's Ice Cream ... three flavors! Chloe's comment- "They're so tiny."



Fortified with a healthy breakfast we struck out into the mist -

















Look carefully- you can see the spider in the middle of its beautiful web.
An oak gall?
































1 comment:

Lisa said...

Oh, what a nice post!
LQ