Wednesday, February 17, 2010

The calm of Tuesday

Today was much better. Neil passed the stress test and was home much earlier than we anticipated. I kept Chloe home from school in the hope she might recover a little. She read two books in the morning - one of which was the Magic Tree House Titanic book. Then she and Neil went to the store to get fixings for a recipe she wanted to make. It turned out to be very much like a cheese scone- very light and fluffy. Later she and I made brownies from the same book.- also a success.

This is how the afternoon ended - with facebook comment from Jeff, a family friend.

Me to Chloe: "What have you been doing?"

Chloe: "Trying to fly"

Me: "Oh".

Chloe: "I can't think of anything else to do. I jumped off the steps, I used an umbrella, and I asked the wind to help.

Jeff's comment:

ahhhh...very poetic...she must take after her mother. If she had taken after her pa, she would have used some sort of algorithm to determine the probablility of flight considering her weight, gravitational pull, lift and wing span of her umbrella, air temp,the velocity of her friend the wind, square pi's, etc..and logically concluded that little girls do not fly. But I prefer the poetic approach....Fly,Chloe, fly!!!


No comments: