Today James goes to Jumpstart - an introductory program for 5k at Pendleton Elementary. I thought at the beginning of the summer I was ready, perhaps more than ready, to let him go. But now I'm not so sure - I have a big ole knot in my stomach and am on the edge of tears... He seems happy to go (it's only from 8.30-11.30 - not the inhumane 7.30-2.30). I'll let you know how it goes- with pictures (hopefully). He does have a brand new Spiderman backpack which might ease his pain.
Yesterday we spent an idyllic eary afternoon in the pool. Neil worked dilligently to teach the kids to dive. Chloe has been jumping in without fear for ages. Going into a dive position (head first and body streamlined) seems to be a huge leap but she has managed it. Today with swimming lessons instead of art camp, and diving on the agenda, perhaps she'll take to it like she has to the rest of swimming. James was limpit afraid at the beginning of the summer and has transformed into the most elegant and mesmerizing underwater swimmer. Yesterday he mastered jumping off the diving board by himself- with Neils attentive and careful coaching. He started by holding N's hand and seemingly as a consequence always ran to the end of the board and made a sharp left turn at the end (even without N) it was quite funny!!
No comments:
Post a Comment