Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Seven children ...

There are currently seven children in my house cooperating beautifully to reconstruct Chloe's doll-house. There is an on-going compromise between the house the girls want - and the harbour that the boys want to make. The house is doing double duty and is almost finished - now they're on to furnishing it. The boys have drifted off - how ironic.

It has been a crazy afternoon. I picked up my kids plus three and went up to the square. Our mayor Carol is standing for re-election and wanted Chloe and James to be in her campaign video. This led to much trauma - Chloe said no. I finally got James to do it with the off-camera help of the other 3 children. Only to discover Chloe sobbing in the back of the van telling me I wouldn't let her do it! ARGGGGGHHHHHHHHH. We did a redo and it was OK. I took everyone to Dairy Queen for treats, then Chloe to gynmastics, the kids back to the Square to play, then back to our house, cooked dinner, went and picked up Chloe and 2 other children and now we're at the hosue building project again. There's still soccer and homework and eating dinner and collapsing!

No comments: