Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Lazy Sundays






x


















Sundays used to be my absolute favorite days of the week when I was a kid. Being the geek that I am, the sense of anticipation for the start of the school week made me very happy. I loved organizing my school supplies and checking my homework. Now Sundays have a different cast and we have yet to get a rhythm and consistent feeling to them. Sometimes I don't like them too much and I feel verklempt and unfocused. Lately we have been adding some rituals to give the day some structure. On a good Sunday we walk in the Botanical Garden with Aunt Elisie in the morning and at supper time Ken and Kathi come to visit. Those are good days!!

1 comment:

The Tao of Tulips said...

You are my soulmate! Charlie has always been more of a sunday-down-feeling sort of soul. I on the other hand have traditionally loved Sundays- especially when I have a routine. I"ve also been in a rut in the chaos of trying to establish a routine in a house of 4. I used to spend sundays listening to Prairie Home Companion to remind me of the midwest and cooking. That's harder and less peaceful with 2 underfoot. The walk in the garden is an excellent idea though. Maybe we could join you all sometime? If it isn't intruding- if it is- no worries, totally understand! Maddie would love to get out and bound around there and I always appreciate the photo opportunities!