Today the Anderson School District had a day off and we (C, J & I) got to hang out together. We spent a wonderful morning driving to Caesar's Head and then wandering around exploring. I wanted to see hawks but what I got was much more precious - time with my children when noone was grumpy, upset or angry. We started at the overlook and then Chloe wanted to go into the Devil's Kitchen ... I was worried they would be scared since it's so narrow but they seemed to love it. I think we ultimately went through it 6 times. Then we crossed the road to Trail #15 and just wandered - we heard a pileated woodpecker and I got to show them Pipsissiwa, Sassafras, and a chestnut tree, they found funky looking mushrooms and lots and lots of acorns. We visited the overlook a couple more times - the clouds were beginning to roll in- and ate some lunch together.
It was heavenly!!
No comments:
Post a Comment