Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Spring

As spring unfolds my activities have ramped up. I am trying to work on projects in the SC Botanical Garden, at the Elementary School, in the public spaces in Pendleton, in addition to running classes for all ages at the SCBG and working on the two classes I am taking. For whatever reason, attendance continues to be light but I did have three Young Naturalists last week and 5 people came on my weekend tour of the wildflowers. Both programs were fun and a good reminder of why this is important to me. Tomorrow is my Garden Naturalists, for adults, and noone is registered mmmmm. I am very excited about some of my upcoming classes - Ukrainian Egg Dying, Culinary Adventures in West Africa and Southeast Asia.
At the elementary school on Friday one of the first grade classes started planting seeds for the Rainbow Garden. Red salvia, yellow and organge marigolds, oregano, blue cornflowers and purple basil... many were up by Tuesday. While we were there two other classes used the garden as an outdoor classroom.
It is spring break for Clemson this week, but not for the kids. It does mean that several of the grown-ups in our world are more available and a little more relaxed. Hubby and I went on a grocery shopping date to Greenville yesterday - a pilgrimage to Trade Joes and Whole Foods. The day before we had a cook-out at the G's house, at the request of M-bird, the G's daughter - it was fun. Last night hubby cooked the bounty from our trip and we ate 3 kinds of fish: salmon, amberjack and striped bass out on the deck with some very good friends. Life is good!

1 comment:

Lisa said...

You're doing great work. Thanks!

LW