Sunday, March 13, 2011

Spring is here!!

Generally when Neil leaves town at this time of year it snows. This weekend was beautiful. I got up and sowed seeds on the back deck in the sunshine. At lunchtime three families (11 of us) went up to Table Rock ... it was wonderful. Chloe stayed with the group that walked around 6 miles. I bought James and 2 other kids back - we were the lightweights who walked about 3 miles. I got to see tonnes of Trout Lilies and Bloodroot in flower, but not one Trillium or Mayapple.
At the end the walk the kids played in the pool near a smallish waterfall and got soaked through - too cold for me! We got to hold a Dusky Salamander too!!
The time change always throws me off. The kids don't want to go to bed, because its only 7.45, but I know that tomorrow morning getting them up will be difficult!
Daddy comes back from India tomorrow - it was a quick trip but he seems inspired by what he saw there - can't wait to hear more.

No comments: