Tremont, where the course is held is located in the Walker Valley next to the Middle Prong of the Little River. Here are views of upstream and down stream. The water is much lower than it was in April!!
Lodging at Tremont is in a dormitory - the last three times I've been to on a program here I've slept in this cosy little bunk.
The first night we got to see a Timber Rattle Snake!!!, it had settled itself under the recycling bins outside the cafeteria, the staff were not thrilled. Once it was safely corralled in a trash can we got to get a good look at it. Look at the pointed, arrow shaped head and beautiful markings.
Later that evening we found
The next day was filled with salamander hunting, as was the last day.
1 comment:
Sounds like a great time!
I wouldn't be so excited about a timber rattlesnake, either, if I were on their staff, but cool to be able to look at one up close.
Post a Comment