Sunday, July 25, 2010

Devil's Fork State Park









Thanks to the generosity and kindness of some friends, we got to camp at Lake Jocassee this weekend. The whole family got to stay in this lovely tent on
Friday night, and just the 3 of us Saturday night. It was incredible to hear the racket the katydids made at night, almost deafening. In the early dawn, when their sound ceased, what sounded like hundreds of motorboats zooming across the lake filled in the silence. Sunday was much quieter and a more gentle wake up. On Saturday morning James was in the water by 6.30 am, posing.
Our campsite overlooked the lake and had easy access to a little beach, where we spent much of our time swimming, and the kids learned to kayak alone. It was incredibly idyllic.





Our lovely friends Sherri and Emily, with Swabbie.









The pyromaniacs managed to make three fires in two days and lots of roasted marshmallows and fire-roasted hot-dogs were consumed.








The Mary and Joanna came up on Saturday and the kids had a blast with the Iphones, while we chatted with Emily and Sherri's lovely friends.


























I was there!!







Nothing I can say can convey how blessed I feel to have had this incredible experience with my family, friends and their families and friends.

1 comment:

Nancy Hellams said...

Wow, this looks like great family fun. I enjoyed reading about your weekend and seeing the pictures.