Friday, October 16, 2009

Master Naturalist Fun

Tomorrow I graduate from the Master Naturalist Class. I am sad to done with it, mostly because the people are wonderful. They are an eclectic bunch but all with an interest in the outdoors and I will miss meeting with them every Thursday. It is always quite wonderful to be in a group of people who don't know each other and witness the formation of relationships around shared experiences. I rarely (these days) enter a place where I know so few people.
Part of the fun of this experience has been carpooling with Betsy, Ann and Tonita (L to R), Jennifer (in the picture with Tonita) was the only fellow Naturalist I knew. It has been a joy getting to visit with her. These pictures were all taken above Lake Jocassee on a lovely fall day.














Georgia and Thom - on the edge.












Wayne, Teri and Gloria











It looks like they're kissing the tree but really they are sniffing it (is this better or worse I ponder)





Ann and Tommy ... sniffing a yellow birch which smells of wintergreen - or linament (or both).









Georgia striking a pose - what a treasure!!

No comments: