Today it's halloween and things have gone awry. James has a fever (100.6- Neil bought a real snazzy thermometer which you place on the forehead - I love it!!). James has been beside himself all week to trick or treat - and to go to his teacher's party today. He insists he's fine but the fiery red cheeks belie that.
The second problem is the rain - it is predicted to rain all day and all evening. A neighbour who has a huge number of doors suggested we trick or treat inside. I think we can make it fun! But still, poor James.
We are simultaneously preparing for Chloe's seventh birthday party. She is writing her own guest list and addressing her own invitations. She is perched at the end of the bed in the space between the matress and frame in her pink snuggly dressing gown seriously intent on her work.
On another note I got to go to a conference yesterday - thanks to N's kindness and neighbor's child caring support. The topic was Outdoor classrooms. It was wonderful to feel the energy and enthusiasm. It makes me feel more satisfied about our progress at PES. A school in Atlanta has been working at this project for five years and has struggled to invove the teachers... has issues with summer care, etc, etc. We are way in front of the game - what I need to do is organize a volunteer group to help with outdoor lessons. Develop a series of lessons which can be given to each class maybe once a month. Take the small steps .... every journey begins with one step. I am reinvigorated. I also got the chance to reconnect with the SCBG and will be planning to be over there much, much more. Life is good.
1 comment:
You're doing lovely and positive things.
It was a joy to tag along with you and Jennifer to the Outdoor Classroom conference. What fun!
Lisa
Post a Comment