Thursday, August 12, 2010

Thursday at the beach










The beautiful beach house -lovely and spacious and beautifully decorated! Artists are wonderful! As you can see the living room looked out over the marshes - the ocean is beyond the far sand dunes. The creek behind the house dropped down at low tide, enough to walk and look for crabs. We saw a young boy seining for shrimp.

Our host at work.








No beach house is complete without a hammock - the kids loved it.









The kids play well together and are very imaginative.































Tomorrow is our last full day at the beach and it's been wonderful. James turned 6 yesterday - we played in the ocean, played mini-golf, had a generally lovely time. He seems to love his two presents- an ultimate light saber and three more volumes in the Hiro's Quest series (I actually love them too and was bummed when Neil got to read the 2nd half of the second volume and I didn't get to find out what happened). He keeps assembling and diasassembling the saber and I have a rather disturbing vision of him stripping down a AK 47 in 20 seconds (I hope not).

No comments: