Hubby has gone off to Pittsburgh and I am experiencing solo parenting. First, I think we will all lose weight this week- I am not the dedicated cook Neil is and the kids have managed to pull off dinner in front of the TV two nights in a row. We will also be sleep deprived - bedtime has quickly deteriorated and ended up with both of them in with me, and not asleep til gone ten.
On the plus side - I did take the stabilizers off James' bike and started to teach him to ride with only two wheels. He was fearful but I think he will catch on fast. Yesterday I was treated to a "play" by the girls - about 6 or 7 acts, complete with costume changes, with about 30 secs of dialogue per act (and that was the same dialogue but with different toys). One of the best parts was James at the intermissions. He wore a police helmet (he couldn't find the top hat) and used one of my precious tomato sticks as a cane and did a lovely, energetic dance.
Today's my birthday and I am 45 - I have the best life - a wonderful husband, two amazing children, friends and family, my animals, garden and house ... I am very, very thankful.
1 comment:
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!
Post a Comment