Monday, April 26, 2010

Leadership Pendleton

Neil and I took the Leadership Pendleton class in 2002, tonight was the graduation ceremony for the 2010 class. The celebration took place in front of Woodburn Plantation, an elegant local historic home preserved by the Pendleton Historic Foundation. I had undertaken to acquire the paper products- to research a greener option. I managed to find compostable plates and One Small Step napkins but didn't manage recyclable forks - the cups were #6. I developed a simple system of scrape plate, deposit plate, deposit fork, dump liquids and then discard cup - we were about to have the blessing and I asked if I should explain my system. After the blessing it was, but the Blesser was kind enough to pray that we should recycle ... everyone did, which was very rewarding.
The plates are now waiting to be composted, the forks and cups are washed and ready to go. I am pleased with myself :-)

No comments: