I find it very hard to blog without photos. On my walks with Monty I think up all the insightful and interesting things I could say about the world, our town and our lives - but when it gets to putting fingers to keyboard inspiration flies away!
So over the next few days I will catch up on the beach trip .... many photos to cull from ... but today I wanted to mention the Master Naturalist Class I began a couple of weeks ago. The first week was introductory - how to key a tree, meet and greet, etc.
Thursday was Table Rock State Park and geology. Three hours of rocks and minerals in a room about 20 feet square, 20+ people, no air conditioning and me wearing jeans. The worst I have felt EVER - I was sweating so much I felt perhaps I entered menopause suddenly. I wish I had the courage to suggest scooping up the tables and taking them outside- they were Rubbermaid, it would've been easy.
The walk was much better. This was the first stop - A Leopard Frog in a tree. Above it was a rather large millipede- and iodine defended Millipede according to Tim Lee, our guide.
No comments:
Post a Comment