
It has been a crazy weather week. On Sunday night this happened.
Which lead to much celebration as schools were canceled and we got to play in the beautiful snow. The kids were ecstatic and got to play all day with us, and with their friends. Many of our circle of friends are within walking distance and we spent much of the day going from house to house and enjoying the day off.
Neil took some stunning pictures of the snow - this is one of my favorites.I took several of he and the
children having a gentle snowball fight.So why so crazy? Yesterday, less than a week later it was around 80 degrees!!! On Friday afternoon there was still snow on the ground. This morning (Sunday) I sat on the deck and planted out lettuce seedlings. We walked in the Botanical Garden with Aunt Elisie and got to see the first trillium poking up, the Mayapples looking like collapsed umbrellas, and saw a couple of buds of a ginger plant. I'm going to try and go back this week with the camera. This might be a good way to get some of James' energy out - good thought!!
Last week in Chloe's class we learned about snowflakes - I learned all snowflakes have six sides and that Snowflake Bentley was the person to photograph these beautiful crystals. I was planning to talk about hibernation this week, and probably still will, but it's odd since it will be so warm!
1 comment:
It has been amazingly variable; now we're back to cold rain. Yuck. But we definitely need the moisture. At least, I managed to get beets, chard, and carrots sown before the rain came....
Love the snow pictures.
LW
Post a Comment