Thursday, July 14, 2011

It's July 14th Bastille Day!! So much has happened..

I think we're more than half way through the summer!! Can you believe it. We've drifted through on swim practice every morning, several movies - loved Mr. Popper and the Zookeeper, Yuk to Cars 2! and summer programs in the botanical garden.

The BG part has been thrilling I had a program called "Searching for Salamanders, finding frogs and catching crayfish" and had 67 people show up - it was so much fun. Last night at Tremont they asked me what kind of salamanders we found- I was too much deer in headlights for anything but excitement over "We found salamanders!!!!" I felt guilty last night about not knowing (exacerbated by the fact that I bombed in the dragonfly id quiz). But today I'm back- the important thing is the excitement of discovery - certainly right now and connections!!!

Now I have to find out about Stoneflies - by the way, I'm at Tremont and it's 10 degrees cooler than home, and I saw a bear on the way up!!

No comments: