Monday, December 20, 2010

Monday morning

We had a heavy snowfall on Saturday. Chloe and I walked to Nanna and Grandad's in the morning- it was bitterly cold. She did well, it was a relief to see their house though. Saturday night James fell asleep early and we couldn't face the walk home through 4 inches of snow, so we bunked down at M & D's. It was an eventful night, not too restful, but nice to be in my old bed at home. We walked back to the flat in the afternoon - via the shops, which involved a walk down and up the hill. The kids did very well. Another walk to M & D's was a bit to much for James who whined, and whined, and whined!!!!!!! Neil cooked dinner and we did the puzzle I bought from the states. There has been much moaning over the difficulty of 6 or seven cardinals against a background of green leaves, red berries, and white dogwood flowers. The puzzle has no straight edges which doesn't help - we are making progress though.
Today is Monday - the snow is still on the ground but the sun is out. I woke up thinking of Elisa who is going for knee replacement surgery today - I hope everything goes smoothly and we will be able to walk together again in the New Year!
Off to the shops now. Chloe has fallen in love with fresh made jam doughnuts ...

No comments: