This month programs at the Garden have been slower, no Garden Naturalists this month, but there have been three high points this week.
1. Making bird feeders with Sean and his Mum, an adorable 3 year old. Pine cones, lard and bird seed, how simple.
2. Having a "grown up" - ie. an adult unaccompanied by a child, come to Storytime and jump like a kangeroo and remind me of, and sing with me, Kookaburra- thank you Susan. A magic moment, the kids were spellbound.
3. Starting an experimental program yesterday: Young Artists. I wasn't sure how it would go but I felt it worked beautifully. We run a school program called Flower Discovery which I melded with a look at the paintings of Georgia O'Keefe. It was so relaxing to sit on the porch of the Hayden Conference Center, talk about the colors and parts of flowers, and listen to the birds sing. We all made preliminary sketches and are excited about working again next week.
The South Carolina Botanical Garden is truly a magical place.
No comments:
Post a Comment