Tuesday, March 02, 2010

I love Pendleton

Today my dog Bella ran away, again. Our fence is quite old and has been deteriorating significantly, and Bella has a strong urge to roam, the two facts together spell disaster. I was vacuuming this morning, which Bella doesn't like, and she and Monty took off for the back of the house. After about an hour I wondered what the dogs were up to and went to check on them. The back door was wide open and the hole in the fence was opened up. Bella was gone. This is the bad news. There was an amazing amount of good news. First, Bella eventually came home late at night. During the day so many people looked for Bella - all the town crew, the local photographer, my friends. On top of this my vet came and fixed the fence. Oh, did I mention this was a freezing cold - snowy sleety day. It was an awful but wonderful day - I love my Pendletonians.

No comments: